Products based on research that are intended mainly for fellow researchers in one’s own and/or another subject area, including an interdisciplinary research field.
Research products for peers are meant for fellow researchers and can be divided into two categories: products that can be assessed by means of authorised indicators and products that can be assessed using reasoned indicators.
- Scientific/scholarly books, critical source publications and exhibition catalogues
- Journal articles and reviews
- Book chapters
- Editorship of an edited volume or special issue
- Digital infrastructures and databases
- Films, documentaries, exhibitions and other audio-visual products
- Commissioned reports reports
- Lectures delivered at research conferences
- Organising conferences conferences
- Science columns, blogs and forums
- Other research output
Dissertations are entered elsewhere in the self-assessment report, as specified in the SEP. A dissertation that has been published as a book or one or more articles by a publisher or in a journal appearing on the lists approved by the National Authorisation Panel may also be included in this product category.